Beginner Silversmithing Bootcamp – May 29 and 30 – Sold Out
Beginner Silversmithing Bootcamp
This course has been specially designed to introduce our students to the world of silversmithing by teaching a variety of captivating and essential skills. For some, this will be a fun way to learn something new and pick up a new hobby, and for others, it might begin a journey to become a silversmith.
Come spend 2 comprehensive days learning the basics of Silversmithing. With hands-on practice, students will learn the foundation skills of silversmithing. Students will complete 2 projects in 2 days. Each project focuses on different areas of metalwork. On day one the students will work on sawing and sweat soldering layers of metal to create a pendant of their own design, while on the second day they will learn ring fabrication and how to set a cabochon.
With small class sizes, you will have the opportunity to have in-depth lessons and more one-on-one assistance.
All of the materials and equipment are provided for this class and no experience is necessary. Please wear close-toed shoes, comfortable clothes, your hair tied back and no scarves or loose clothing (such as long open sleeves that could propose a safety hazard)
We have the following measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our students and staff:
- Classes are limited to 4 students.
- We request all students to wash their hands upon arrival and as needed during class.
- There is a hand sanitizer provided when hand washing is not convenient.
- Students are required to wear masks. They are invited to bring their own or use non-medical masks that will be provided by Juvelisto.
- Partitions have been installed between workbench stations.
- Tools are separated into kits for individual student use and sterilized before and after use.