Juvelisto School of Metal Arts
Upon opening the doors at Juvelisto Design in 2011, the same question kept arising from our patrons “Do you teach jewellery making classes?”. In the early days of Juvelisto, we simply didn’t have the space, resources or time to facilitate a jewellery school but it was then that the dream began. Sasha and her staff began brainstorming and manifesting how and where they could open the school. By serendipitous chance, our neighboring retail space became available and we knew right away the right time had finally come to build the Juvelisto School of Metal Arts. 2014 was spent designing and custom building our unique jewellery school workshop as well as creating the curriculum for our classes. The registration for our first few classes on the schedule sold out quickly and we opened our doors to teaching in April of 2015.
Since opening Juvelisto School of Metal Arts, it has been nothing but a pleasure and an exciting adventure for us at Juvelisto, truly a dream come true. Our staff and instructors have so much passion for jewellery making and find it such an honor to be able to share their beloved craft with our students.
- Juvelisto is a fun and inspiring atmosphere and a great group of people to work with.
We require our goldsmiths to have at least 10 years of professional experience making handmade pieces of jewellery (gold, platinum, silver). Duties will also include stone setting, resizing, mounting, and expert repair. We always love when someone joins our team bringing new perspective and ideas.
To apply please include a short description of yourself and your resume, photographs of your recent work and trade references if available.
Goldsmith / Bench Jeweller
We are looking for an experienced goldsmith / bench jeweller to join our busy jewellery design studio.
We have both part-time and full-time positions available, compensation will be on an hourly basis, the hourly rate will be negotiated depending on experience.
Goldsmith / Gemstone Setter
We are looking for an experienced goldsmith that specializes in gemstone setting to join our busy jewellery design studio. This position requires that the goldsmith have the ability to perform the following types of stone setting: Pave, channel, tension, gypsy, prong, and bezel.
We have a part-time gem setter position available, compensation will be on an hourly basis, the hourly rate will be negotiated depending on experience.
Juvelisto School of Metals Arts is looking for a new part time instructor to join our team. To apply for this position we require that the individual applying has multiple years of jewellery making experience in different techniques or specializes in a specific jewellery making technique. It would be beneficial for applicants to have experience in jewellery instruction but not necessarily essential to apply.
We are looking to expand the jewellery making courses on our current schedule, adding new classes and more days/evenings during the week and/or weekend. We are open to new ideas and what the skillsets the applicant brings to the table. This position is open ended in a way that we will schedule classes that fit within our current class schedule and your schedule. You availability and skill set will determine which classes you teach and how often you are scheduled.
Those who wish to instruct at Juvelisto School of Metal Arts must be vibrant, outgoing, skilled and patient individuals that are passionate about their craft. We strive to make our school a fun and educational environment.
Our instructors are paid on an hourly bases and the rate is determined based on experience. Private contractors are welcomed as well.
- The best way to describe our studio, in the words of one of our instructors, is “this is the space I wish I learned how to make jewellery in”. The Juvelisto School of Metal Arts Studio is a truly inspiring space, for at every turn you are surrounded by metal art and contemporary interior design. The focal point of the studio and centre of the creation process begins with the 8 seater custom jewellers bench built from reclaimed wood and hand-forged wrought iron. Each individual bench space is fully equipped with a torch, soldering station, flex-shaft and full set of essential hand-tools. Having each student fully equipped in the classroom means less waiting and more creating! Throughout the classroom is a variety of different shared equipment pieces such as specialty hammers, rolling mills, vices, metalsmithing stumps/anvils, precision tools, punches, stamps, tumblers, cleaners, a kiln, melting station, and much more. Our school strives to make the learning environment a clean, fun, positive, and inspiring one but most of all, we want to make our space your happy place.
- Each student must sign a legal waiver of responsibilities upon arrival to the classroom.
- Minimum age requirement for our courses is 16 years old and a parent or guardian must sign the legal waiver of responsibilities.
- We require each student to inform us if they have any health issues that may hinder their ability to follow instruction or operate machinery prior to signing up for a class.
- We require each student to inform us if they take any medication that may hinder their ability to follow instruction or operate machinery prior to signing up for a class.
- For the safety of our students, we will ask an individual to leave the class if they appear to be intoxicated.
- We do not tolerate any verbal or physical abuse towards our instructors, staff or other students.
- Ultimately, we want our classes to be a fun, enjoyable and safe experience for every student.
- We offer a full refund only if cancellation is received more than 14 days or more prior to the first class. Notice must be received by email, telephone or in person.
- We offer credit towards another class if cancellation is received between 48 hours and 14 days of class beginning. Notice must be received by email, telephone or in person.
- There are no refunds or credit if notice of cancellation is received less than 48 hours prior to the class beginning.
- No refund will be issued for cancellation after the class has begun.
- There is no refund or credit offered for missed classes.
- In the event that the instructor of the program falls ill or there is weather that inhibits the instructor or students from attending a class, that particular class will be re-scheduled for the next available date.
- We require a minimum registration of four students per class to go forward with a scheduled class. If we do not have enough students enrolled we will cancel the class. In the event of a cancellation we will issue a credit or a full refund.
- Do I have to have any previous experience to take a jewellery class?Do I have to provide my own materials, tools or supplies?Do I have to be creative to take your courses?Will I finish the course with a completed piece of jewellery?Can I customize my design in the project based classes? (ex. Add gemstones, use a different metal, etc. )Do you teach how to work in gold?Can I use my own silver/gold?Can my friend or partner come and watch while I learn?Are the fumes toxic?During all day courses, is there a lunch break and where do we eat?