Introduction to Silversmithing -Soldering Bootcamp – July 3 and 4 – Sold Out
On the road to becoming goldsmiths ourselves and since opening our own jewellery school, we have learned a few things on the way. One of them being – soldering is a tricky process for beginners to nail down and it takes tons of practice. We have the Soldering 101 course running one night a week for 8 weeks for those who have the time and can dedicate it. For those who desperately need to learn to solder and just can’t commit for 8 weeks – WELCOME SOLDERING BOOTCAMP! This is a two-day, all-day, weekend workshop that focuses on repetitive soldering of various wire thicknesses and using 3 different solder types, Easy, Medium and Hard, each solder grade melts at different temperatures to enable multiple solders on complex jewellery pieces. At the end of the weekend, you will have learned how to create a hand-made sterling silver Necklace. To allow for the maximum success of each student in the boot camp, we have limited space available. All of the supplies and equipment are provided and no experience is necessary.
With small class sizes, you will have the opportunity to have in-depth lessons and more one-on-one assistance.
All of the materials and equipment are provided for this class and no experience is necessary. Please wear close-toed shoes, comfortable clothes, your hair tied back and no scarves or loose clothing (such as long open sleeves that could propose a safety hazard)
We have the following measures in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure the health and safety of our students and staff:
- Classes are limited to 4 students.
- We request all students to wash their hands upon arrival and as needed during class.
- There is a hand sanitizer provided when hand washing is not convenient.
- Students are required to wear masks. They are invited to bring their own or use non-medical masks that will be provided by Juvelisto.
- Partitions have been installed between workbench stations.
- Tools are separated into kits for individual student use and sterilized before and after use.